An innovative and exciting mix of experiential and social media-driven activity will put WKD and NKD firmly in the spotlight this Summer by engaging with young adult consumers at all key touchpoints in their lifestyles.
The activity includes:
- highly visible digital poster displays in key conurbations including Dublin
- distribution of eye-catching Point Of Sale materials to bring the campaign to life in selected on-premise venues
- the installation of an innovative multi-function social hub at major outdoor Summer music events providing a focal point for festival-goers to meet friends and enjoy and capture some WKD ‘wow’ moments
- a fully-integrated social media programme spearheaded by DJs
- the creation of a series of signature Summer cocktails for each of the WKD and NKD variants: Cheeky V for WKD Blue; The Passionista (WKD Passion Fruit); Tropiberry (WKD Berry), Zingaling (NKD Lemon & Lime) and Sweet Cheeks (NKD Blueberry & Elderberry).
The digital 6, 48 and 96-sheet outdoor poster campaign communicates the WKD ‘for the Now’ message with each poster featuring a person performing a different talent such as break-dancing in the spotlight of the WKD exclamation mark which is fashioned into a stage.
“Having a fantastic time and sharing those experiences and memories with friends on social media is at the epicentre of today’s 18 to 24 year-olds’ lifestyles” says Brendan Loughran, Head of Business Unit (Ireland) at SHS Drinks, which owns the WKD brand, “and this lies at the very heart of the ‘WKD for the Now’ Summer campaign.
“With the programme of support we have planned for WKD this Summer, the brand is going to be very top-of-mind for 18 to 24 year-old consumers and we’d recommend that licensees are well-stocked for the increase in sales that these activities are likely to generate.”