The shortlist for the 2023 Cocktail Experience Competition – “Cocktails of the World” has been announced. More than 140 participants took part in last week’s competition, which is sponsored by Monin.
A panel of three judges reviewed the cocktails made on the day including the relevance to the theme, use of Monin products as part of the criteria, and presentation.
The judges then compiled a shortlist of 15 competitors who have been invited to attend the Irish Restaurant Awards All Ireland Final on 15 May in the Clayton Hotel, Burlington Road, during which the All Ireland Cocktail Experience Winner will be announced.
The shortlist is as follows:
- Bodega 1830 – Chris Walshe
- Bonsai Bar – Lucas Perrot
- Candlelight Bar Malahide – Lee Kenny Adams
- Cornstone Restaurant Cork – Caroline Davis
- Coqbull Cork – Cian Daly
- Hang Dai – Patrick Cannon
- Hillards Killarney – Laura Foley
- House Dublin – Milos Labik
- Little Pyg – Andrea Grechi
- Kinara Kitchen – Andrew Petrescu
- Merrion Hotel – Adrian Mc Fadden
- Old Street Restaurant – Siobhan Fahy
- Parlour Haddington House – Fernando Anton
- Saba South William Street – Marco Fiore
- The Green Hen – David Soares
The All Ireland Champion will receive a prize trip to the home of Monin in Bourges France, which will include training in the new purpose-built Villa Monin.