NOffLA members gathered at the Red Cow Moran Hotel Business Centre on Tuesday, 10 May for the 18th Annual General Meeting of the National Off-Licence Association. NOffLA chairperson, Evelyn Jones and NOffLA Administrator, Reggie Walsh reported on the association’s activities during the previous 12 months.
Those present reflected on the harsh economic times, but were resolute in their assertion of the importance of the association in the survival of the independent off-trade in Ireland. NOffLA members discussed how the association would continue to protect the interests of the association and of the independent off-trade in Ireland, more of which will be circulated to members in the coming months.
The meeting also elected the National Council of the association for 2011/12:
• BUTLER Richard, Drink Store, 87 Manor Street, Dublin 7;
• CULLEN Tommy, Jus de Vine, Portmarnock S.C., Co. Dublin;
• DELANEY Grellan, The Portlaoise Wine Vault, 68 Main Street, Portlaoise, Co. Laois;
• DEVENEY Ruth, Deveney’s Off-Licence, Main Street, Dundrum, Dublin 16;
• DUNNE Peter, Mitchell & Son, The CHQ Building, IFSC, Docklands, Dublin 1;
• JONES Evelyn, The Vintry, Rathgar, Dublin 6;
• KELLER Pat, Keller’s Carry Out Off-Licence, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary;
• KINSELLA Andrew, Bin No. 9, 9 Farmhill Road, Goatstown, Dublin 14;
• MARTIN Declan, Martin’s Off-Licence, 11 Marino Mart, Fairview, Dublin 3;
• MC CABE Jim, McCabe’s Off-Licence, Mount Merrion Avenue, Co. Dublin;
• MC HUGH Cathal, McHugh’s Off-Licence, Kilbarrack Road, Dublin 5;
• O’BRIEN Kevin, O’Brien Carry Out, Church Road, Mulhuddart, Dublin 15;
• O’CALLAGHAN Edwin, O’Donovan’s Wines & Spirits, Douglas, Cork;
• O’CALLAGHAN Niamh, Deveney’s Off-Licence, 16 Upper Rathmines Road, Dublin 6;
• O’DONOVAN Gary, O’Donovan’s Wines & Spirits, Douglas, Cork;
• O’REILLY Brendan, Diceys Bottle Store, Ballyshannon, Co. Donegal;
• REDMOND Jimmy, Redmond’s of Ranelagh, Dublin 6;
• SHIEL John, Londis, Malahide, Co. Dublin;
• SWEENEY Finian, Sweeney’s Wine Merchants, Finglas Rd., Hart’s Corner, Dublin 11.
The first meeting of the National Council will elect NOffLA Executive for 2011/12.