All nine winners now go forward to the final of the National Pub Awards at the RDS Concert Hall in Dublin on Wednesday 21st November when the National Category Winners and the overall Irish Pub of the Year will be announced. The winners in the Cork Region:
- Innovative Pub of the Year sponsored by Bank of Ireland Payment Acceptance: Geary’s Bar, Charleville, Co Cork
- Best Music Pub sponsored by IMRO: The Oliver Plunkett, Cork City
- Best Tourist Pub sponsored by Molson Coors: The Old Town Whiskey Bar at Bodega, Cornmarket Street, Cork City
- Best Outdoor Space sponsored by Bulmers: Franciscan Well Brew Pub, Sunday’s Well, Cork City
- Outstanding Customer Service sponsored by Heineken: Costigan’s Pub, Washington Street, Cork City
- Best Local Pub sponsored by Diageo: The South County Bar, Douglas, Cork
- Best Newcomer sponsored by Hennessy: The Tanyard, Main Street, Skibbereen, Co .Cork
- Best Food sponsored by Musgrave MarketPlace: Harty’s Bar, Main Street, Cloyne, Co Cork
- Pub Personality of the Year sponsored by Irish Distillers, Pernod Ricard: Brian Barrett, Geary’s Bar, Charleville, Co Cork.
“Entries for this year have grown and are ahead of last year,” said Vintners Federation of Ireland President Padraic McGann, speaking at the Awards Ceremony last night. “The Awards were developed as part of our strategy to raise the profile of VFI member pubs around the country. The Irish pub is at the heart of every town and village and it is where locals gather to meet friends and neighbours for good food and craic. It’s also where tourists meet locals and enjoy Irish hospitality at its best along with being a major employment provider in our regions. These Awards are an excellent vehicle to showcase what the pub has to offer the modern customer”. The 63 winners from seven different regions will be represented as best in class in each area at the Dublin Final. The prize package for all finalists includes a management training course to help them progress their business further and they will also avail of comprehensive media coverage at local and national level including a feature in the special awards supplement published in the Irish Independent on the day of the Gala Awards Ceremony. Partners to Irish Pub of the Year Awards are Febvre Wine Company while Media Partner is Independent Newspapers and Drinks Industry Ireland the Trade Media Partner. Skillnet Ireland is the Management Development Partner,. Judging took place over the Summer months.