With over 20 years’ experience in the restaurant sector, he’s the 16th President of the Association. His father, Frank, also served as RAI President over 20 years ago.
For the last two years, Brian, who succeeds Paul Cadden as RAI President, has been a strategic member of the RAI National Council. He served as Midland Branch Chairman and as a member of its Events Committee.
During his two-year term of office he plans to:
1. Provide access to necessary seed and investment capital
2. Outlaw upward-only rent review clauses
3. Cut commercial rates.
4. Reform bankruptcy laws to encourage entrepreneurship
5. Reform Joint Labour Committees
6. Regulate the productivity of local authorities
7. Reinforce ‘Brand Ireland’ and continue to promote tourism
8. Focus on Food Tourism and job creation.
The RAI represents over 600 restaurants employing over 64,000 people.