Britvic Ireland now joins a committed group of leading food and drink companies recognised and celebrated by Bord Bia’s Origin Green programme for excelling in their sustainability targets and demonstrating best-in-class environmental performance among their peers.
Since first achieving Origin Green accreditation Britvic Ireland has made major breakthroughs in sustainability across all areas of its portfolio including:
- Reducing Sugar: a 43% reduction in Calories per Serve achieved through a combination of sugar reduction, consumer education and the launch of low sugar options such as Club Zero.
- Reducing Waste: achieving zero waste to landfill across its sites
- Reducing Emissions: a move to 100% renewable electricity in manufacturing
- Reducing Water: 25% reduction in water footprint
- Supporting Packaging Circularity: achieving 100% recyclable consumer packaging and step-changing the use of recycled materials with Ballygowan in 100% recycled PET bottles.
- Supporting Local Communities: providing meaningful support to a variety of local charities and grassroots sport including raising €2.8 million to date through the Miwadi Trick or Treat for Temple Street campaign.
“We’ve set exacting sustainability targets which are transforming every aspect of our business,” said the Managing Director of Britvic Ireland Kevin Donnelly, in paying tribute to the team effort involved in achieving this award, “Today’s award gives us encouragement that we’re on the right path to achieving our goals.”