Both the Irish Whiskey Awards and Whiskey Live Dublin will take place this October on the 15th and 24th respectively. The two events witness the best of Irish and international whiskeys coming to Dublin in a celebration of diversity and quality in one of the country’s fastest-growing industries.
The Awards take place in the new state-of-the-art Teeling Distillery, Newmarket, Dublin 8, on Thursday 15th October. Now in their third year, the Awards span a total of 20 categories – two more than last year with the expansion into Irish gin and Irish vodka.
The judging panel consists of members of the Celtic Whiskey Club and the Irish Whiskey Society with the winners being picked based on blind tasting.
Dick Mack’s in Dingle won the gong for Irish Whiskey Bar of the Year last year.
The categories for this year are as follows:
- Irish Whiskey of the Year
- Irish Single Pot Still Whiskey
- Irish Single Malt Whiskey (12 Years & Younger)
- Irish Single Malt Whiskey (13 Years & Older)
- Irish Blended Whiskey (RRP of less than €60)
- Irish Blended Whiskey (RRP of €60 or more)
- Irish Single Cask Whiskey
- Irish Cask Strength Whiskey
- Irish Single Grain Whiskey
- Irish Whiskey Bar of the Year (Leinster)
- Irish Whiskey Bar of the Year (Munster)
- Irish Whiskey Bar of the Year (Connaught)
- Irish Whiskey Bar of the Year (Ulster)
- Irish Whiskey Bar of the Year (International)
- Irish Whiskey Bar of the Year (Overall Winner)
- Irish Poitin
- Irish Liqueur
- Irish Gin
- Irish Vodka
- Irish Whiskey Barrel Aged Irish Craft Beer
Visit www.celticwhiskeyshop.com/2015-Irish-Whiskey-Awards for more details.
Whiskey Live Dublin returns for the fifth time on Saturday 24th October in the new city centre location, The Printworks in Dublin Castle. The festival is an international celebration bringing together an eclectic range of whiskeys from around the world along with great food and a range of entertaining whiskey masterclasses.
Whiskey Live Dublin gives visitors the unique opportunity to sample whiskey, whiskey cask-matured craft beers, whiskey cocktails and other Irish spirits whilst mingling with their producers and distillers. Some of Dublin’s best restaurants will also be present with food pairings to match some of the whiskeys being sipped-on.
Tickets are available for two sessions; 1.30-5.00pm and 6.00-9.30pm, priced at €39.50 plus booking fee with The Celtic Whiskey Shop donating €10 per ticket to Down Syndrome Dublin. Tickets are available via eventbrite.ie or from the Celtic Whiskey Shop, 27-28 Dawson Street, Dublin 2, or by phone at 01-675 9744.
Visit www.whiskylive.com/ireland for more details.