Over 1.5 million new Heineken pint glasses have been rolled out nationwide to all on-trade accounts. Heineken’s mission statement for the new pint glass aims “to deliver the perfect pint of Heineken that is guaranteed to stay fresh and smooth until the very last drop because of its unique features” and the new design incorporates ‘The Five Virtues of Perfection’: Perfect Width, Perfect Profile, Perfect Grip, Perfect Base and Perfect Height’.
The tall, robust glass represents the ultimate in scientifically-designed lager glassware, according to Heineken and salutes the needs of the modern pint drinker – the desire for a pint that retains its head till the end; a glass that won’t slip and one where every sip of beer is as good as the last. It’s for the pint drinker, by the pint experts, claims Heineken:
* The top of the new glass has been developed with the optimum diameter in mind. It’s the ideal
radius for retention of the head, ensuring that it has room to develop and is reliable right to the very end.
* While it wasn’t wind tunnel-tested, the new glass has a “bi-conical” upper chamber ensuring that
the pint stays fresh and smooth to the very last drop.
* The new glass is easier to hold. The designers have lowered the arch and embossed the logo
on the back of the glass to make sure the pint stays put, even in the trickiest conditions.
* Bubbles are one of the most vital constituents of a Heineken. Thus, the glasses have a
nucleated base with a unique design that encourages the optimum level of CO2 in the beer to
be released, making for a longer-lasting head.
* The Heineken pint glass developers decided that Heineken deserves a more statuesque glass.
This is why the Heineken pint now stands taller than ever.
Heineken’s new pint glass design incorporates ‘The Five Virtues of Perfection’: Perfect Width, Perfect Profile, Perfect Grip, Perfect Base and Perfect Height’.