In all, four SuperValu and four Centra stores were given the top awards at the event which was attended by finalist stores from across the country.
The other winners were:
- Large Store SuperValu Off-Licence of the Year: Ryan’s SuperValu, Glanmire, Co Cork
- Medium Store SuperValu Off-Licence of the Year: Quish’s SuperValu, Tramore, Wexford
- Small Store SuperValu Off-Licence of the Year: Pettitt’s SuperValu, The Quay, Wexford
- Centra Neighbourhood Supermarket Off-Licence of the Year: Lynch’s Centra, Crosshaven, Co Cork
- Runner-Up in Centra Neighbourhood Supermarket Off-Licence of the Year: Power’s Centra, Rathnew, Co Wicklow
- Centra Convenience Store Off-Licence of the Year: Lee’s Centra, Charleville, Co Cork
- Centra Wine Store of the Year: Ryan’s Centra, Raheen, Co Limerick.
Chris O’Driscoll and Tony Carlos were there on the night to represent Garvey’s SuperValu in Tralee, while Noel O’Riordan, Lilian Twomey and Ross Heelan represented Ryan’s SuperValu in Glanmire. Niall Shanaghy, Ciaran Quish and Colm O’Carroll represented Quish’s SuperValu in Tramore and Cormac Pettitt and Niamh Dunne represented Pettitt’s SuperValu in The Quay, Wexford.
For Centra, Bernard Lynch and Conor Midleton represented Lynch’s Centra in Crosshaven while Mark Power and Philip Gormley represented Power’s Centra in Rathnew and Ray and Melissa Lee represented Lee’s Centra in Charleville. Tom Ryan, Joe Greensmith and Bernie Scroope represented Ryan’s Centra in Raheen.
The winners were presented with their awards by Edward Dillon Chief Executive Andy O’Hara together with Donagh McClafferty, Category Manager at Musgrave Retail Partners Ireland and Tom Gaskin from Santa Rita Estates.
Each of the finalist stores was judged by Rodney Trenwith and was marked on a range of criteria including overall appearance, innovation and customer service.
The winners will enjoy a trip to Spain visiting Rioja, Barcelona and Sitges.