Off-trade alcohol prices fall

The price of alcohol in shops and supermarkets fell 3.1% in the 12 months to May comprising a drop of 5.1% in spirits prices, a drop of 2.4% in wine prices and a drop of 2.8% in beer prices.

According to CSO figures, compared to the previous month, April, alcohol prices fell by 0.6% comprising a drop in spirits prices of 2.2%, a drop in beer prices of 1.1% and a rise in wine prices of 0.1%.

In the on-trade prices in licensed premises were up 0.2% over the course of the year to May comprising rises in spirits and beer prices of 0.2%. Wine together with soft drinks & mineral prices rose 0.4%. There was little change in the monthly prices compared to April 2015 with only beer decreasing in price by 0.1%.

Nightclub admission prices fell 0.8% in the year and by 1.0% compared to April 2015.


Sign Up for Drinks Industry Ireland

Get a free weekly update on Drinks Industry trade news, direct to your inbox. Sign up now, it's free