… But who’re the men and women who run these iconic hotels? How did they win their positions? And what advice would they give to those aspiring to follow in their footsteps?
In Dancing at the Fountain: In Conversation with world-leading hoteliers, author Conor Kenny of Conor Kenny & Associates meets seven of the world’s leading hoteliers who between them have run all these hotels.
In the book he recounts the stories of their journey to the very top of the hotel industry – stories liberally sprinkled with true tales of meeting and serving the most famous faces on earth – presidents, kings and queens, A-list celebrities and billionaire businesspeople.
The interviewees include:
- Michael Davern, The K Club, Dublin
- Luc Delafosse, Hotel De Crillon, Paris
- Philippe Leboeuf, Mandarin Oriental, Paris
- Peter MacCann, The Merrion Hotel, Dublin
- Kiaran McDonald, The Savoy, London
- Bernard Murphy, Gleneagles, Scotland
- Nathalie Seiler-Hayez, The Connaught, London.
To be published this November, Dancing at the Fountain – which takes its name from one of the interviewee’s stories – makes for fascinating reading for anyone interested in a glimpse into the behind-the-scenes of great hotels.
But it’ll be especially valuable for upcoming hoteliers who want to understand how to deliver great service and to build their own careers by doing so.