Arising from this, Barney O’Kane from One Goose Entry in Belfast was declared the Irish winner of the competition.
The Belfast bartender now prepares to set sail on the adventure of a lifetime with Opihr Oriental Spiced Gin (pronounced “O-Peer”) in Istanbul where he’ll represent Ireland at the grand final of the international competition.
“The competition brief to include local ingredients brought something special to the mix and it was fantastic to see what everyone came up with,” he said.
This is the fifth year of the competition.
Opihr International Cocktail Competition – Irish Finalists:
- Tommy Crean – Cask, Cork
- Aaron Mulligan – Russell’s Salon, Dundalk
- Isadora Petinari – Zozimus, Dublin
- David Kiernan – Siam Thai, Dublin
- Helio Felipe – Fire Restaurant, Dublin
- Luke Boland – The Shelbourne, Dublin
- Barney O’Kane – One Goose Entry, Belfast
- Conor Drake – The Raven, Cork
- Darren Geraghty – Siam Thai, Dublin
- Brian Houlihan – The Lucy Duck, Dublin