The eight finalists will now go forward to the National Awards Ceremony which is to be held on 8th November.
The winners in the Cork Region are:
- Innovative Pub of the Year (sponsored by Bank of Ireland Payment Acceptance): JJ Coppinger’s Bar, Midleton, Co Cork
- Best Music Pub (sponsored by IMRO): Rearden’s, Washington Street, Cork
- Best Tourist Pub (sponsored by Molson Coors): Shelbourne Bar, McCurtain Street, Cork
- Best Outdoor Space (sponsored by Bulmers): Farrell’s Bar, Summerfield, Youghal, Co Cork
- Outstanding Customer Service (sponsored by Heineken): The Thomond Bar, Marlborough St, Cork
- Best Local Pub (sponsored by Diageo): Geary’s Bar, Main Street, Charleville, Co Cork
- Best Food Pub (sponsored by Musgrave MarketPlace): The Bodega, Cornmarket Street, Cork
- Pub Personality of the Year (sponsored by Irish Distillers, Pernod Ricard): Brian Barrett, Geary’s Bar, Charleville, Co Cork
The Irish Pub Awards are presented jointly by the VFI and the LVA and comprise a series of seven regional events taking place around the country between 18th September and 4th October.
The Awards programme recognises and rewards excellence and innovation across a number of categories in the Irish pub industry. Entries closed on 30th June and judging took place in July and August. The Cork awards were presented by VFI President Pat Crotty and the various category sponsors.
“The pub is a central part of our hospitality and tourism sectors as well as being a meeting place for locals,” stated the VFI President, “It’s a major contributor to growth in our regional economies, so these awards will be an important vehicle to showcase the diversity that’s available in the modern Irish pub and recognise the creativity and innovation that’s already there.”
Drinks Industry Ireland is the trade media partner to the National Irish Pub Awards which are open to all VFI and LVA members.
The 56 regional winners will be showcased as best in class in their area and will win a prize package of management training to help them progress their business further. They will also avail of comprehensive media coverage including a profile in the special awards supplement which will be published in the Irish Independent on the day of the Gala Awards Ceremony in the RDS Concert Hall in Dublin on Wednesday 8th November.