Our regular imbiber Owen was spotted wending his way drunkenly home well after closing time by the local Garda last Sunday.
“Where have you been?” asked the curious officer of the law.
– “Church raffle” replied the obvious inebriate.
– “So how did you get into this state at the church raffle?” asked the officer of the law.
– “Got into some vehrry bad comp’ny at the faffle after binning a one litre wattle of biskey,” responded the drunk.
– “And what company would that be?” asked the gard, wanting to widen the scope of the investigation.
– “Was with Michael Smith, Seamus Murray and John Ryan all night long, Officher”
– “… But they’re tee-total!!” exclaimed the Garda.
– “xactly….” replied Owen, continuing on his weary wending way.