The awards, now in their fourth year, span a total of 20 categories and closing date for all entries is Thursday 11th August. Details on how to enter are on www.irishwhiskeyawards.com
The categories for this year:
- Irish Whiskey of the Year
- Irish Single Pot Still Whiskey
- Irish Single Malt Whiskey (12 Years & Younger)
- Single Malt Whiskey (13 Years & Older)
- Irish Blended Whiskey (RRP of less than €60)
- Irish Blended Whiskey (RRP of €60 or more)
- Irish Single Cask Whiskey
- Irish Cask Strength Whiskey
- Irish Single Grain Whiskey
- Irish Whiskey Bar of the Year (Leinster)
- Irish Whiskey Bar of the Year (Munster)
- Irish Whiskey Bar of the Year (Connaught)
- Irish Whiskey Bar of the Year (Ulster)
- Irish Whiskey Bar of the Year (International)
- Irish Whiskey Bar of the Year (Overall Winner)
- Irish Poitin
- Irish Liqueur
- Irish Gin
- Irish Vodka
- Irish Whiskey Barrel Aged Irish Craft Beer.
Judging takes place over three sessions with Celtic Whiskey Club & Irish Whiskey Society members judging all whiskeys in Brooks Hotel on Saturday 3rd and Saturday 10th September. Members of the trade will be responsible for judging white spirit categories (Gin, Vodka & Poitin), taking place on Monday 12th September in No 10 Stephen’s Green.
Winners are picked based on blind-tasting and judging takes place across three sessions – White Spirits, Malts, Blended and Pot Still Irish whiskeys.
Last year’s awards saw Redbreast 21 Year-Old win Irish Whiskey of the Year while Dick Mack’s in Dingle won Irish Whiskey Bar of the Year.
A tour of the new state-of-the-art distillery at 6pm will be followed by a drinks reception and awards ceremony in the Old Distillery building from 7pm. Tickets including transport cost €40 each and charity partner Mary’s Meals will benefit from the evening.
Drinks Industry Ireland is media partner to the Awards.