Tralee’s Rock Street SuperValu rocks!
Tralee’s Rock Street SuperValu emerged as the Off-Licence of the Year at the SuperValu/Centra Off-Licence & Wine Store of the Year 2016/17 awards held at the Castleknock Hotel & Country Club recently.
21 November 2016 | 0
On the night Centra of Point Road in Crosshaven won the Centra Wine Store of the Year award and Centra on Castletroy’s Dublin Road in County Limerick won the Centra Convenience Store Off-Licence of the Year.
Hosted by Edward Dillon & Co and Santa Rita Estates, this was Centra’s 24th year of the awards and SuperValu’s 18th.
The overall winner and category winners jet off on a trip to Nashville and New Orleans and they’ll also get the opportunity to visit Jack Daniels distillery and cellars on the trip.
Shay Byrne from Radio 1’s Rising Time MC’d the evening which included guests being treated to a cocktail reception with drinks from Bombay Sapphire, Jack Daniels and Martini accompanied by a selection of canapés before the awards dinner itself.
Magician Shane Black was also on hand with a few tricks up his sleeve while comedian Alan Shortt provided the after-dinner entertainment.
This year saw 221 SuperValu and 101 Centra stores entering the competition, stated Edward Dillon’s Managing Director Andy O’Hara at the awards event.
Tom Gaskin from Santa Rita also told the audience that Centra and SuperValu had played a big part in Santa Rita’s achieving annual sales of 450,000 cases a year. This was all a far cry from initial launch figures of just 5,000 for the Chilean brand, he said.
Other winners on the night included:-
- SuperValu Large Store Winner: SuperValu, Blackrock Road, Blackrock, Co Dublin
- SuperValu Medium Store Winner: SuperValu, Long Quay, Kinsale, Co Cork
- SuperValu Small Store Winner: SuperValu, Sarsfield Street, Kilmallock, Co Limerick
- Winner of Centra Neighbourhood Supermarket Off-Licence of the Year: Centra, Maugheraboy, Co Sligo
- Runner-Up in Centra Neighbourhood Supermarket Off-Licence of the Year: Centra, Main Street, Dingle, Co Kerry.