As part of this it has launched a range of new initiatives to support the industry and assist the reboot and recovery of the sector.
Rolling-out a nationwide campaign to encourage consumers to support their local hospitality businesses, #SupportIrishHospitality includes press ads in seven national dailies and nationwide radio, digital and social media advertising campaigns calling on consumers to help the industry get back on its feet by dining out responsibly.
Musgrave MarketPlace is also using its social channels to spotlight local hospitality businesses around the country throughout the campaign as well as giving consumers a chance to win vouchers for their favourite local eateries.
It’s estimated that the foodservice industry was worth €6.3bn pre-Covid, employing between 150,000 and 250,000 and making it vital to the recovery of the economy.
In addition to rallying consumer support, Musgrave MarketPlace has also created a series of new measures to help hospitality businesses get back up and running.
- Extended opening hours: Branches across the country will now be open for longer with some branches open seven days a week (from June the 6th) to allow customers more access to products as and when they need them.
- Time saving products: Based on feedback from the industry earlier this year, Musgrave MarketPlace offers new labour-saving products such as pre-prepared vegetables, desserts and sauces to save time in the kitchen and help ease the impact of reduced staff numbers.
- Increased network support: To help manage the surge in demand over the coming days, Musgrave MarketPlace has increased the number of customer service representatives available in branches nationwide to help facilitate customers’ needs during the recovery period.
- Food service promotions: The cost of 200 products, including food and equipment, has been reduced to support customers as they restock their business.
- Irish suppliers: 680 Irish suppliers have been re-engaged by Musgrave MarketPlace to rebuild stock levels and over 3,500 Irish products are now available.
- Dedicated online hub: Creation of a dedicated online Foodservice support hub featuring reopening advice, menu inspiration and offers to help customers reboot their business.
- Musgrave MarketPlace Plus: An affinity scheme, in partnership with Wrkit, has been created to help customers cut costs with a range of offers and discounts on everything from insurance to fuel to recruitment and much more. There’s also the opportunity for customers to promote their business to over 100,000 users on the Wrkit platform.
“As an Irish family-owned business with 145 years supporting hospitality here, local is in our DNA,” commented Michael McCormack, Managing Director of Musgrave Wholesale Partners, “Our #SupportIrishHospitality campaign is about giving our customers and indeed the hospitality sector as much support as we possibly can as they reopen whether that be through our reboot resource designed in collaboration with our customers or an advertising campaign aimed at encouraging the consumer to support hospitality. Luck alone will not be enough – the sector needs all our support.”