Irish Whiskey Awards set for October 15th
The countdown begins to this year’s Irish Whiskey Awards, which takes place in the new state-of-the-art Teeling Whiskey Distillery, 13-17 Newmarket Square, Dublin 8, on Thursday 15th October.
14 October 2015 | 0
With international interest in Irish whiskey at its highest, it’s more fitting than ever to recognise the excellence and innovation from indigenous producers and distillers.
The Irish Whiskey Awards are now in their third year and span a total of 20 categories including two new categories for Irish Gin and Irish Vodka:
- Irish Whiskey of the Year
- Irish Single Pot Still Whiskey
- Irish Single Malt Whiskey (12 Years & Younger)
- Single Malt Whiskey (13 Years & Older)
- Irish Blended Whiskey (RRP of less than €60)
- Irish Blended Whiskey (RRP of €60 or more)
- Irish Single Cask Whiskey
- Irish Cask Strength Whiskey
- Irish Single Grain Whiskey
- Irish Whiskey Bar of the Year (Leinster)
- Irish Whiskey Bar of the Year (Munster)
- Irish Whiskey Bar of the Year (Connaught)
- Irish Whiskey Bar of the Year (Ulster)
- Irish Whiskey Bar of the Year (International)
- Irish Whiskey Bar of the Year (Overall Winner)
- Irish Poitin
- Irish Liqueur
- Irish Gin
- Irish Vodka
- Irish Whiskey Barrel Aged Irish Craft Beer
This year the judging took the form of a blind-tasting of all the entries which took place at Brooks Hotel, Drury Street, Dublin 2 on September 12th and 13th.
Up to 160 members of the Celtic Whiskey Club and Irish Whiskey Society were invited to register and further samples were sent to 40 members located oversees. Because of the high level of entries, tasters could do the judging in one sitting or category-by-category over the weekend.
All voting was anonymous and the final scores were made available to the industry after the awards.
Each of the category winners is awarded a trophy and the runners-up each get a Gold Medal that can be prominently displayed on their whiskey at Point Of Sale.
Welcome drinks at the awards ceremony take place at 6pm to be followed by a distillery tour with the tasting of the award-winning whiskies and awards presentation at 7.30pm.
Only 100 tickets are available, 50 of which are for members of the Celtic Whiskey Club/Irish Whiskey Society and the balance for trade entrants to the awards.
Tickets are priced €40 each and all proceeds go to Mary’s Meals with the goal of raising €4,000 to feed 275 children in Malawi for one year.
Contact Celtic Whiskey Shop: 01 675 9744 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit www.celticwhiskeyshop.com/2015-Irish-Whiskey-Awards for more details.